Online Submission of January JEE Main 2020 Application is started. Last date is 30 September 2019.
National Testing Agency has invited online application for January JEE Main 2020 entrance examination. JEE Main is an entrance examination for B Tech / B Arch / B Planning courses in National Institute of Technology (NITs), Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIITs), Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs), Institutions funded by participating State Governments and other institutions.
The admission process in these institutes shall include the performance in the class 12/equivalent qualifying Examination and in the Joint Entrance Examination, JEE
(Main). The (BE / B Tech) of JEE (Main) will also be an eligibility test for the JEE (Advanced), which the candidate has to take if he/she is aspiring for admission to the undergraduate programs offered by the Indian Institute of Technology (IITs).
JEE Main 2020
JEE Main 2020 will be conducted twice, one in January 2020 and second in April 2020. Students can appear for both exam or for any one. The best score of two exams will be considered for the preparation of merit list and ranking.
There is no age limit. Students who have passed 12th / equivalent examination in 2018, 2019 and appearing in 2020 can apply for JEE Main 2020. Admission to various institutes will be based on criteria of respective institutes and students should satisfy that. A student who studied Mathematics as one of the subjects with other non science combination can appear for B Planning exam.
JEE Main 2020 January exam will be conducted between 6 January 2020, Monday and 11 January 2020, Saturday.
Mode of Exam
JEE (Main)-2020 will be conducted in the following modes:
a) B.E. /B. Tech. in “Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only.
b) B. Arch: Mathematics- Part I and Aptitude Test-Part II in “Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only and Drawing Test –Part III in “Pen & Paper Based” (offline) mode to be attempted on drawing sheet of A4 size.
c) B.Planning: Mathematics- Part I , Aptitude Test-Part II and Planning Based Questions Part III in “Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only
Big changes have been announced in JEE Main 2020. Following are the changes:
BE/B Tech Exam: Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics papers
1. No of questions per subject has been reduced to 25 from previous year's 30.
2. 20 questions will be MCQs and 5 questions will have answers to be filled as numerical values.
3. Minus mark (-1) only for MCQs. No negative mark for numerical values.
4. Total questions will be 75 instead of 90.
1. In drawing paper, instead of 3 questions there will be 2 questions this time. Pls refer prospectus for more details:
1. Unlike previous years, there will be no drawing paper for B Planning aspirants and candidates instead will have to take a paper of 25 MCQs on planning. Pls refer prospectus for more details.